So, you want to hire me.
I am currently very happily employed, and my next employer will most likely be myself. However, if you would still like to discuss opportunities at your hot startup or company, here is the list of my requirements:
- US$1 million base annual salary
- Annual performance bonus, minimum 10%
- 10% minimum equity in your company if 1st employee, 5% if later
- I report directly to the CEO
- I have 100% autonomy in the work that I do
- I can work from home whenever and as often as I want
- I can work remotely whenever and from wherever I want
- I can decide the hours that I work, and it may vary from day to day
- Unlimited vacation, no questions asked. Some days I just might not work. I must be free to be creative, visit family, travel, or sleep
- I am never required to attend a stand-up meeting
- No brown M&Ms
When I am passionate about an idea and decide to focus myself on it, I am extremely effective, especially when I am self-directed.
You would have to be certifiably insane to accept these terms, but if they are agreeable, then let's talk! I will be the happiest, most effective, most productive engineer you will ever have hired.